Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Free Cone Day

Ben and Jerry's annual Free Cone Day is upon us. Grace asked, "So, they give us the cone and we pay for the icecream?" NOT a bad idea for the company, but the customers would probably be disgruntled, eh?

In other news, Grace has started to learn piano. I'm very proud of her. She practices very consistently, and it's so fun to listen to her. Until Old MacDonald starts to play in my head even when she's not practicing!!! It's really a joy to see my daughter start to pick up my love of music and piano. And satisfying to know that I have the talent and training to teach her rather than pay for piano lessons.

AJ is doing well in preschool. His teacher is very pleased with his progress. We're meeting with the occupational therapists with the school board this week to evaluate his gross motor skills as well as sensory issues. We've been waiting for this appointment since NOVEMBER. I hope it leads to something fruitful for him.

Terry's traveling again, in Utah for 10 days this time. I've developed a very strict routine with my children and it is working wonders. Their behavior has been stellar for the most part. I'm seeing them helping more, squabbling less. I've learned not to stress myself out over their happenings and utilize timeout more. Time out really benefits ME as well as them. And bedtime has been seamless. 7:00pm is lights out for AJ, Grace is in bed with a book by 7:15, and usually both are asleep before 7:45. That gives me a peaceful, relaxing evening and helps me recharge for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment